PORTLAND, Tenn. – Residents have been evacuated due to a fire at a nursing home.
Officials said the fire happened at the The Bridge at Highland nursing home in the 200 block of Highland Circle Drive Thursday night.
Authorities said about 100 residents were evacuate, but all were allowed back inside once firefighters put the fire out quickly.
A hallway filled with smoke, but no injuries were reported.
Crews said an airconditioning unit on the roof malfunctioned causing the fire.
No further details were immediately available.