ALGOOD, Tenn. (WTVF) — An Algood Police Officer rescued two people from a house fire on New Year's Day.
The police department praised the actions of Officer Brandon Bean on social media.
Officials said Officer Bean responded to the fire on Quinland Lake Road. Heavy smoke was coming from the home when Been removed two residents from the home, one of which was immobile due to health issues.
He then returned and rescued the family pet.
Officials say the homeowners are recovering from the inhalation of the smoke and toxic fumes. The Algood Fire Department arrived shortly after Bean’s rescue and extinguished the kitchen fire.