News

Actions

One Person Injured In Murfreesboro Fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WTVF.png
Posted at 3:52 PM, Sep 16, 2015
and last updated 2015-09-18 18:54:05-04

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – One person was rushed to the hospital with burn injuries after a fire broke out at the Old Paramount Packaging Building.

Crews got the call around 2:00 p.m. Wednesday afternoon. When they got to the building at 845 Park Avenue, smoke and flames were coming from the ceiling.

Firefighters said a crew was grinding metals to repair a hopper near the ceiling, when dust suddenly ignited. The fire then spread to the insulation.

Crews were able to quickly put out the flames, and keep damage to a minimum.

They said one person was taken to the hospital with possible second to third degree burns. His condition was unknown. No one else was injured.