When you think of Thanksgiving dinner many delicious foods come to mind but many of them can be extremely dangerous to your pet.
Veterinarian Craig Prior says you'll have to resist give your pet leftovers.
"The bottom line is it's not good for their health," said Dr. Craig Prior. "Human food tends to be too high in salt fats and spices for their digestive systems to handle."
Doctor Prior says human food can be disruptive to their digestive systems, causing vomiting, diarrhea and pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is when the pancreas becomes inflamed and it can be deadly. If you want to include your dog, you can put a bag of treats on the table and give them to your pet if they beg for food.
Decorative flowers can also be dangerous. You'll want to keep them away from pets.
In an event of an emergency, make sure to visit the Nashville pet emergency clinic nearest you.