U.S. Rep. Diane Black has announced she’s entering the 2018 race for Tennessee governor.
Black (R-TN-06), age 66, made the announcement Wednesday morning in a YouTube video.
“If you’re ready for a governor who fights for what’s right, I need you on my team,” she said.
The other candidates are:
- House Speaker Beth Harwell - 56th District (R)
- Randy Boyd, Former Economic and Community Development Commissioner (R)
- Karl Dean, Former Nashville Mayor (D)
- Bill Lee, Owner of Lee Company (R)
- State Senator Mae Beavers - District 17 (R)
Up until this point, House Speaker Beth Harwell and former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean were the most recognizable among registered voters, according to a poll recently conducted by Vanderbilt University's Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions.