Several roads in downtown Nashville will be closed as crews implode the The Draper Tower on LifeWay's former campus in downtown Nashville.
The implosion of the 12-story building is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
600 pounds of explosives and a 700-ft perimeter expected for the Draper Tower implosion tomorrow morning! Broadway, Church and Commerce will shut down for several blocks 7-11 am. Watch the implosion LIVE on @NC5_PLUS ch 5.2 or https://t.co/RWzcGXCJIspic.twitter.com/NGG0UvNvpm
— Rebecca Schleicher (@NC5_RSchleicher) January 5, 2018
Road closures will be in place before and during the implosion:
- 11th Ave North: Between McGavock & Grundy Street – closed all day Saturday
- 10th Ave North: Between Broadway & Commerce Street - closing street Friday
- 9th Ave North: Between Broadway & Church Street – closed all day Saturday
- Broadway: Between 8th Avenue North And 12th Avenue North – closed all day Saturday
- Church Street: Between Rosa L Parks Boulevard & George L Davis Boulevard closed all day Saturday
- Commerce Street: Between 8th Avenue North & 10th Avenue North – closing street Friday