Independence High School in Thompson’s Station was evacuated due to smoke.
In an email sent to parents, Carol Birdsong, Communications Director for Williamson County Schools, said all students are safe.
ALERT: Smoke was detected at @wcsIHS earlier and students were evacuated. Fire officials are investigating. All students are safe.
— WCS (@WCSedu) August 28, 2017
Students were evacuated after smoke was detected at the school.
The smoke was caused after a fan motor in an HVAC unit burned out. No classrooms were affected.
Students have since returned to class.