News

Actions

Space heater investigated as possible cause of house fire

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WTVF.png
Posted at 1:34 AM, Dec 27, 2018
and last updated 2018-12-27 04:24:59-05

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Nashville fire investigators are looking into whether a space heater is to blame for causing a house fire late Wednesday.

The fire happened was reported at about 9:30p.m. Wednesday on Queen Avenue.

The home was engulfed when firefighters arrived. Three people were inside the home at the time the fire started, and all were able to get out safely.

According to firefighters, there was significant damage to the home.

The cause of the fire remains under investigation, but crews tell us they are looking at the possibility that a space heater could have started the fire.