NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Tennesseans can now use their face masks to show support for their favorite team, brand or organization.
Tennessee's Economic Recovery Group (ERG) has created the TN Strong Mask Movement by partnering with brands to make branded masks for free or a low cost.
The movement's goal is to distribute close to 300,000 free or low-cost face masks at a projected value of more than $3 million, across the state.
“Tennesseans have stepped up to do their part and keep their neighbors safe throughout this health crisis,” said Mark Ezell, Director of the Economic Recovery Group. “The more we can encourage masks and make them fun, the better we can mitigate the spread of the COVID-19. These businesses are the heart and soul of Tennessee, and we’re grateful to them for helping our citizens stay healthy and have a little fun sporting their favorite brands while they’re at it.”
Each business will distribute their branded masks on their own websites or channels or with the help of the state, which could include employees, fans or nonprofit partnerships.
Click here to get your Tennessee Strong masks.
Companies can visit the state website for additional information. The following brands are included in the mask movement:
- Austin Peay State University
- Belmont University (courtesy Dickens Family)
- BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Foundation
- Bristol Motor Speedway
- East Tennessee State University
- FedEx Express
- Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville of Sevier County
- Gibson Brands
- Jack Daniel’s
- Lipscomb University (courtesy Ezell Foundation)
- Memphis Grizzlies
- Middle Tennessee State University
- Nashville Predators
- Nashville SC (courtesy Ingram Charities, distributed in partnership with United Way of Greater Nashville)
- Ryman Hospitality Properties, Inc.
- Tennessee Bankers Association
- Tennessee Farm Bureau Health Plans
- Tennessee Tech University
- Tennessee Titans
- Tractor Supply Company
- TriStar Health
- Union University
- University of Memphis
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville (courtesy The Boyd Foundation)
- Unum Group
- Vanderbilt University
- Volkswagen Chattanooga