News

Actions

Trial set for Marshall County High School shooter

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WTVF.png
Posted at 2:59 PM, Mar 08, 2019
and last updated 2019-03-08 15:59:36-05

BENTON, Ky. (WTVF) — The case against Gabe Parker, who was charged with the murder of two Marshall County High School students, will go to trial in 2020.

The 16-year-old opened fire on students in the school in January of 2018. Two 15-year olds, Bailey Holt and Preston Cope, were killed in the rampage.

According to authorities, he seemed to view his actions as a science experiment.

"Cold, callous. He never was emotional in his voice never quivered. Never had inflection. He didn't tear up," said Captain Matt Hilbrecht in an interview last year. "No. It's not that the things that you typically see, in fact so much so, we showed a victim -- one of the deceased. He looked at the picture and said 'I don't know her.' And had no response to that."

The trial was set for June 1, 2020 at 9 a.m. in the Marshall County Circuit Court.