Jim Hagy from Chef's Market made S’Mores Hand Pies. (see recipe below) Chef's Market Catering & Restaurant is located at 900 Conference Dr., Goodlettsville, TN 37072. For more information or menu details visit www.chefsmarket.com or call (615) 851-2433. Look for Chef’s Market on Facebook and @chefs_market on Twitter and Instagram.
Chef’s Market S’mores Hand Pies
Yield 6 servings
- 2 pie crust rounds
- 1 cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sanding sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup marshmallow crème
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a 3-inch cookie cutter to cut rounds from rolled out pie crust. Brush both sides of the rounds with melted butter, dredge in graham cracker crumbs, one round at a time.
- Mix marshmallow crème, cream cheese and chocolate chips together with a fork.
- Assemble hand pies:
- Spoon one Tbsp of marshmallow mixture onto the round.
- Sprinkle a 1/2 teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs on top of the marshmallow mixture. Using an extension lighter, burn the top of the marshmallow mixture.
- Top with another round.
- Seal the pie with the tip of a fork, crimping around the outer edges.
- Sprinkle each round with sanding sugar.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Serve warm or room temperature. If not serving immediately, store until needed for up to three days in refrigerator.