Executive Chef Ashley Grim made Elote` Street Corn Dip from the new restaurant, City Tap House. (see recipe below) Ashley and her team offer brunch, lunch and dinner, with much more than your typical “tap house” menu items, including a focus on high quality food. City Tap House recently opened in SoBro downtown. They are located at www.nashville.citytap.com or call (615) 922-4015. . For more information, visit
- 6 fresh ears of corn
- ½ cup fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ¼ tbsp. favorite hot sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp. crumbled cojita cheese
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- Roast the corn, still in husks, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Remove the husks from the corn. Then cut the corn from the cobs.
- Add the corn, jalapeno, chili powder and cumin and stir gently until thoroughly combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with chili powder, crumbled cojita cheese and then chopped cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Arts & Crafts
Whether you feel crafty or just need some simple ideas to try on your own, check out our Arts & Crafts clips to inspire your creative…
Ask the Expert
Talk of the Town features regular segments with experts in the law, pediatrics, and animal health. We also have experts in health, fitness,…
Authors & Books
Talk of the Town features some of the most famous and current best-selling authors right here in our studio! Plus, don't miss our regular…
Cooking & Food
Food is good for the soul, and at Talk of the Town our souls are fed well. With over 5,000 recipes and counting, we've talked some of the…
Talk of the Town is the most viewed local daily talk show in the country, and many celebrities know the power of the Nashville audience.…
We're all looking for new ideas during the holidays for decorating, cooking and fun activities. Talk of the Town has you covered. Check…
Home & Garden
Check out all the latest home and garden tips!
Mary Hance, aka Ms. Cheap, is known throughout Middle Tennessee for helping you find some great deals, and save a buck, as well! Every…
Most Fridays, Talk of the Town features a Pet of the Week available for adoption at the Nashville Humane Association. There are always some…