David Andrews from D’Andrews Bakery & Cake made Sweetheart Cookies. D'Andrews Bakery & Cafe is located at 555 Church St. Nashville, TN 37219 (between 5th and 6th Avenues - one block away from the Public Library).
2 sticks (1 Cup) room temperature unsalted Butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 whole eggs (room temperature)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
Drop of vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Food color (if needed)
1) in mixer or by hand, cream together butter salt and vanilla for 2 minutes.
2) add sugar and continue to cream for 5 minutes
3) add eggs, one at a time to the mixture
4) sift / whisk the flour and baking powder- by hand, fold into batter
5) wrap in plastic and let rest in fridge overnight
6) roll out dough to 7mm thick
7) cut your desired shape, place on tray, and freeze for 2 hours
8) bake at 325 for 5 min, turn 5 min (may vary by oven) - cookies should be light brown
Put a little powdered sugar in a bowl, add salt and vanilla. Stream in a little water and mix. It should be barely runny.
Create design on cookie and enjoy with a loved one!