Baking enthusiast and blogger Callie Blount shares her recipe for Paleo Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies. Follow Callie on her blog www.luv-cooks.com, on her YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFMi3mGDBDqH0kMimT_8huQ and on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/luvcooks/
What You Will Need:
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 shot flair espresso (or about 35 grams strong coffee) made in a flair espresso maker
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2.5 ounces chopped Paleo chocolate or dairy-free chocolate of your choice
What You Will Do:
- Whisk flours, baking soda and salt together until evenly combined.
- Whisk coconut oil, fresh shot espresso (or strong coffee) and maple syrup until somewhat combined (the oil will separate a bit).
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, stirring with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Add chocolate to wet dough and stir until combined.
- Roll dough, a generous tablespoon at a time, out into small balls.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet; use hands to lightly flatten each dough ball.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put dough into freezer to set for 15 minutes. Remove from freezer to oven to bake for 12 minutes.
- Move to rack to cool for about 5 minutes, and enjoy!