JIM HAGY / CHEF'S MARKET RESTAURANT & CATERING - TOMATO BASIL & BRIE QUICHE
1 pie crust
10 fresh basil leaves
6 ounces ripe brie cheese
4 large eggs, beaten
1 egg yolk
1 cup half and half
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
2 plum tomatoes (5 slices out of each)
* Julienne 5 basil leaves, and place in bottom of pie crust.
* Cut brie into 8 wedges, and place in bottom of pie crust.
* In mixing bowl, beat eggs and yolk. Add liquids and seasonings, and mix well. Then pour over brie in pie shell.
* Add sliced tomatoes, and remaining 5 basil leaves to top of quiche.
* Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes.
* Let rest 10 minutes, then cut into 8 wedges and serve.