Lesley and Emily Williams from Williams Country Sausage made Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups. (see recipe below) For more recipes, visit www.williams-sausage.com.
Jalapeno Popper Wonton Cups
16 oz Williams Sausage, cooked & crumbled
12 wonton wrappers
4 oz cream cheese, softened
½ c sour cream
1 c shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 2 Tbsp.)
3-4 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
3. Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup; bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
5. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, sour cream, sausage, cheddar cheese, and chopped jalapeños.
6. Spoon filling into wonton cups, then sprinkle with reserved cheese.
7. Return to oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until wontons are golden brown and cheese is melted.