With temperatures in the single digits, multiple shelters have reached capacity and even opened overflow shelters.
- Compassionate Hands Emergency Overnight Shelters
- Open December 1 - March 15
- Nightly Check-in 5:50 - 6:30 p.m. at Cross Style Church
- Dinner, overnight lodging, and breakfast provided by local churches
- Van Pickups:
- 5:15 p.m. leave Pilot Truck Stop-Car Wash 921 Murfreesboro Road
- 5:25 p.m. leave Applebee's on Hwy 231 (609 S. Cumberland St)
- 5:35 p.m. Leave Love's Way Church 310 Coles Ferry Pike
- Stepping Stones Safe Haven Shelter:
- Day and night shelter for women and children
- Currently at capacity for night shelter (which opens at 4 p.m.) but day shelter is available and open from 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. daily
- Coldest Nights Shelter:
- Avail for Men and Women, no children
- Men's shelter at First Baptist Church on East Main Street
- Women's shelter at St. Paul Episcopal Church on Academy Street
- Both open at 6:30 p.m.
- Salvation Army Emergency Shelter - Only had one female bed available as of Tuesday afternoon.
- Anyone in need in Murfreesboro can call Jason Bennett 615-924-7617. Arrangements can be made to take people wherever they need to go.
- Way of Hope Women's Shelter:
- They move around and work with local churches. You can check availability by calling the Cold Patrol who says they also help women and children. Cold Patrol: 615-653-8027
- Nashville Rescue Mission:
- Open 24/7
- Has reached capacity the last few nights, opening overflow shelters. On Wednesday, those with the mission confirmed they had plenty of beds open for those seeking shelter.
- Hadley Park Community Center, 1037 28th Ave North
- East Park Community Center, 700 Woodland St.
- Safe Haven Family Shelter
- 1234 3rd Avenue South 615-256-8195
- Room In the Inn:
- Room In The Inn’s Winter Shelter program runs from November through March each year, in coordination with almost 200 congregations throughout Middle Tennessee. The program provides shelter and meals.
- Men seeking shelter should go to the downtown campus at 705 Drexel Street. The Winter Shelter help desk opens at 3:30 p.m., 7 days a week, with a staff member available to answer any questions.
- To participate in the shelter program, women must attend Women's Group at 2:30 pm, Monday-Friday.