Several Mexican restaurants in Nashville have collected bottles of water for people in Flint, Michigan.
Organizers named their initiative Nashville Unites for Flint. On Friday volunteers had already collected about 400 cases of water.
The Michigan legislature just voted to send $28M to aid Flint and provide medical care to children in the area who are suffering from high levels of lead in their blood.
Las Cazuelas on Nolensville Pike was set to collect bottled water throughout the weekend.
Ana Gutierrez said, "Yes we wanted to participate because we watch on the news that we have our people up North having problems with water. We wanted to give them some water just to make sure we can help in the best way we can!"
Gutierrez is one of the owners of Las Cazuelas.
Gutierrez said, "Very scary! I cannot imagine that happening right here to us so you know anything we can do for the people up there!"
Several volunteers planned on filling up trucks and bringing the water to Flint on Monday.
Here are some of the water drop off locations:
- 5400 Murfreesboro Rd. La Vergne, TN 37086
- Las Fajitas 2401 Edge O Lake Dr, Nashville, TN 37013
- Las Cazuelas 4114 Nolensville Pike, Nashville, TN 37211
- El Agave Maples Shopping Center, 1010 Murfreesboro Rd, Franklin, TN 37064
- Oscar's Taco Shop 2805 Old Fort Pkwy
- El Sol 1501 Gallatin Pike N, Madison, TN 37115