One Injured In Madison House Fire

Posted at 4:18 PM, Mar 08, 2014
and last updated 2015-09-07 14:48:34-04

MADISON, Tenn. – One person was injured Saturday in a house fire in northern Davidson County.

The fire was reported around 2 p.m. at a home on Anderson Lane in Madison.

Officials on the scene said the fire appeared to have started in the kitchen by an appliance. The fire damage was isolated to the kitchen but other areas of the home also suffered smoke and water damage.

The resident of the house sustained non-life threatening burns and was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center for treatment. Two pets were also inside at time of the fire but made it out unharmed.

While officials said the house was not a total loss, workers with the American Red Cross were called out to assist the family.

No other information was known.