NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — The Council on Aging of Middle Tennessee and Senior Ride Nashville have partnered to create a list to help older adults and family caregivers find options for home delivered meals, groceries and medications during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The list is a representative sample, and there may be other options in your area. Please check with your local providers to confirm services and business hours.
Home Delivered Meals
- FiftyForward Fresh: Fresh meal delivery to the following zip codes: 37203, 37204, 37205, 37209, 37212, 37215, 37221. Call 615-743-3416.
- Family Resource Centers: For older adults needing meals in the Davidson County area, please contact your local family resource center. Martha O’Bryan Center (615) 254-1791, St. Luke’s Community House (615) 350-7893, & McGruder Family Resource Center (615) 291-4513.
- Mid-Cumberland Human Resource Agency: For older adults needing meals in Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Houston, Humphreys, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Williamson & Wilson Counties, please contact Mid-Cumberland Human Resource Agency at (615) 850-3910.
- Kroger Ship: Delivery shipped to you in 1-3 days. No fee for orders over $35. Orders can be placed after making an account on Kroger.com.
- Walmart Grocery: Delivery fee varies but will be shown at checkout. Learn more, create an account, and schedule a delivery at grocery.walmart.com.
- Publix: Delivery fee varies for grocery delivery. Powered by Instacart and available at instacart.com/publix.
- Instacart: Download the Instacart app on your smartphone and place orders from grocery stores to be delivered to your home. There will be a fee for grocery delivery. When using this option, please make sure to spell out the app to find the correct one.
- Shipt: Download the Shipt app or visit shop.shipt.com/login to place grocery orders to be delivered to your home. A smartphone is not required. If you place the order online, (instead of via smartphone), during checkout, you will need to put in the delivery notes if you prefer the shopper to call or text you with any questions. When offering this option, please make sure to spell the app out to find the correct one.
- Walgreens: Offers Rx delivery at walgreens.com/topic/pharmacy/prescription-delivery.jsp . Make sure you contact your insurance provider to verify coverage.
- CVS: Offers Rx delivery at cvs.com/content/delivery. Make sure you contact your insurance provider to verify coverage.
- Kroger: Some Kroger stores offer prescription delivery at Kroger.com . Make sure you contact your insurance provider to verify coverage.
- Walmart: Offers Rx delivery at walmart.com/cp/pharmacyhome-delivery/1042239. Call 1-800-2REFILL to get started. Make sure you contact your insurance provider to verify coverage.
- Amazon Prime Pantry: Offers delivery service to certain areas at amazon.com .
- Local Pharmacies: Check with your local pharmacy for delivery options.
- Insurance Provider: Medicare Advantage plans such as Cigna, Humana, and Medicare Part D insurers have MAIL ORDER options. Check with your provider to confirm.
- ScriptDrop: In response to COVID-19, Script Drop is offering mail order prescriptions for a flat $8 delivery fee. Contact them at scriptdrop.co/covid19/ .
If you need additional information about community resources and services in Middle Tennessee, please feel free to call the Council on Aging at 615-353-4235 or look in our online Directory of Services https://directory.coamidtn.org/.