NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Here's the timeline of Sunday's deadly crime spree on Interstate 24, as provided by authorities. Two people were killed and several others were injured before the suspect took his own life.
- Deangelo Dorsey is accused of shooting and killing Darcy Johnson and injuring another passenger with whom he was traveling on I-24 near Beechgrove in Coffee County.
- Traffic comes to a stop due to the shooting.
- Authorities say Dorsey attempts to carjack a nearby driver who escapes by running away.
- Dorsey approaches a nearby truck and during an exchange, he shoots the driver in the face.
- Dorsey approaches another driver. As she tries to drive away, he reportedly shoots through the window, hitting her in the hand with a bullet.
- Dorsey drives off in undetermined vehicle.
- Dorsey rear ends Jordan and Aileen Stevens' Ford Mustang while they're on their way to church in Murfreesboro. Authorities say Dorsey takes them hostage at gunpoint when they get out, since they assumed it was a fender bender.
From that point, authorities say:
- Dorsey forces the Stevens to drive to their house in the Smartt Station community, located in Warren County.
- Dorsey steals their guns and switches to their Rav-4 vehicle.
- Dorsey takes them to a place in McMinnville, separates them and shoots Jordan Stevens in front of his wife, Aileen, and leaves his body there.
- Aileen Stevens is forced back into the Rav-4 and they return to I-24.
- Police spot Dorsey on I-24 and start pursuing the vehicle.
- Dorsey crashes and takes his own life. Aileen Stevens survives.
If you would like to help the Stevens family during this time, you can donate to their GoFundMe or to the First National Bank in McMinnville.