NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — While the COVID-19 pandemic has caused some Americans to lose their jobs, many companies trying to keep up with demand during the outbreak are hiring. Here is a look at some of the companies looking for employees:
- Dollar General: Based in Goodlettsville, Dollar General is looking to hire up to 50,000 to support operations. While Dollar General currently anticipates the majority of roles to be temporary, long-term career growth opportunities are possible. Candidates can learn more and apply for available openings on Dollar General's website.
- Kroger: Full and part time positions are available as Kroger experiences unprecedented levels of business. Candidates may apply viajobs.kroger.com and could be placed for employment within several days of applying.
- PepsiCo: PepsiCo Beverages North America South Division is looking to hire temporary staff immediately. Interested candidates should go to https://pepsifrontlinecareers.com/ to learn more on how to apply.
- Jet's Pizza: Jet's Pizza is open and hiring immediately in 20 states across the United States. On average, delivery drivers can make between $13 - $16 per hour, based on tips and mileage. Those interested in applying can call their local Jet's Pizza location directly. For more information or to find a nearby location, visit www.jetspizza.com .
- Amazon: Amazon is opening 100,000 new full and part-time positions across the U.S. to meet the surge in demand. Those interested in applying can learn more at www.amazon.com/jobsnow .
- Walmart: Wamart plans to hire 150,000 new workers across the U.S. Jobs will be temporary at first, but many will convert to permanent roles over times. You can view positions at careers.walmart.com .
- Domino's: Domino's stores across greater Nashville area are looking to hire 300 team members. The positions include delivery drivers, customer service representatives, assistant managers and managers. Those who are interested in applying for a position should visit jobs.dominos.com .
- Trader Joe's: If you've found your work hours limited or your job placed on hoold, and you have a passion for people & a fervor for food, Trader Joe's invites you to apply for a temporary position. You can learn more at traderjoes.com/careers.
Governor Bill Lee announced the creation of The Tennessee Talent Exchange, which hopes to quickly match Tennesseans who are out of work due to COVID-19 with companies currently experiencing a surge in business and making immediate hires.