If you've just bought a new TV, or are rescanning to get NewsChannel 5, please follow the instructions below. Have a different brand of TV? Head to our antenna home and select the model of TV you own.
There are dozens of models of Element TVs. The instructions below cover the most popular models, but may not work for all.
Each TV manufacturer uses a different term to describe a rescan. Most Element TV's call their rescan function "Auto Scan"
TRY THESE FIRST. If you've been into your TV's settings before, these instructions should help you rescan your TV.
1. Press the Menu button
2. Choose "TV Settings"
3. Choose "Channel"
4. In the channel menu, make sure the top option says "Air"
5. Choose "Auto Scan"
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ELEMENT ANDROID TVs. These are from Element's support page.
1. Press the HOME button.
2. Scroll down to the inputs section then select CHANNELS.
3. Press the menu button on the remote and move to TV options then select SETTINGS (last option).
4. Then go to Channel sources and choose CHANNELS. Lastly, choose AIR/CABLE and run AUTO-SCAN.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ELEMENT FIRE TVs. These are from Element's support page.
1. Press the HOME button
2. Scroll down the inputs section and press ANTENNA.
3. Press the next option on the Channel scan screen.
Still need help? You can also find more instructions for your specific TV model on Element's support page .