If you've just bought a new TV, or are rescanning to get NewsChannel 5, please follow the instructions below. Have a different brand of TV? Head to our antenna home and select the model of TV you own.
There are dozens of models of Toshiba TVs. The instructions below cover the most popular models, but may not work for all.
Each TV manufacturer uses a different term to describe a rescan. Most Toshiba TV's call their rescan function "Channel Program" or "Auto Tuning"
TRY THIS FIRST. If you've been into your TV's settings before, these instructions should help you rescan your TV.
There are two menu styles for many Toshiba TVs. Press the menu button on your device, and then follow the instructions for the menu style listed.
MENU 1 -- IF YOUR MENU LOOKS LIKE THIS, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
1. Press the "Input button" on your remote control repeatedly until "ANT/CABLE" is selected
2. Press the "Menu button" on your remote
3. Select "Settings" in the menu. (It's the gear icon that's highlighted in the image above)
4. Choose "Installation"
5. Select the Antenna icon, which is the "Terrestrial" menu
6. Select "Input Configuration" and make sure that "Antenna" is selected in the menu
7. Press the "CH RTN" button to go back to the "Terrestrial" menu, and select "Channel Program" and "Start" to begin the channel scan.
MENU 2 -- IF YOUR MENU LOOKS LIKE THIS, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
1. Press the Input button on the remote control repeatedly until ANT/CABLE is selected.
2. Press the "Menu" button on the remote control.
3. Using the Arrow buttons, select "Settings"
4. Use the arrow buttons to select "Setup" from the upper menu
5. Select "Ant/Cable," and then "Antenna"
6. Select "Auto Tuning"
7. Select "Start Scan to begin the channel scan