NASHVILLE, Tenn. - An 18-year-old was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries after a shooting in Nashville, marking the fifth shooting in just four days.
The most recent incident happened just after 9 p.m. Wednesday in the 3500 block of Moorewood Drive.
Details of the shooting were unclear at this time. However, the woman was dropped off at Tristar Skyline Medical Center.
Her condition was not released, but her injuries were believed to be life-threatening.
This week marks a particularly violent week in Nashville with five shootings, three of which were fatal.
- Wednesday, Moorewood Drive: 18-year-old shot, in critical condition
- Tuesday, Bellshire Terrace: Three shot total, one dead
- Tuesday, Grace Street: One dead
- Monday, Jefferson Street: One dead
- Monday, Dickerson Pike: Victim "extremely critical," suspect facing attempted homicide charge
Two weekends ago, there were nine shootings in Nashville. Two of those were deemed accidental.