NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — NewsChannel 5 has obtained a copy of exclusive video evidence that is sure to be part of the high-profile Joe Clyde Daniels case.
The video is from when Joe Clyde’s parents took him for a sleep study a few weeks before he disappeared. A sleep study is when doctors observe — and take video to determine sleep patterns.
This was shot in the dark overnight in a sleep lab. You’ll notice Joe Clyde — who is rolling around on his dad — is wearing the same pajamas with a skeleton pattern that he was wearing when he disappeared.
Watch the video below:
Why the study? I’m told Joe Clyde’s teachers noticed he was always so tired he would sometimes fall asleep in class.
His grandparents say that Joe Clyde was not a sound sleeper and that he would often wake up in the middle of the night and even sometimes wander outside the house.
On more than one occasion he’d be missing from his bed, and they would find Joe Clyde out in the yard. The sleep study was conducted to determine if there were better ways to help the 5-year-old sleep through the night.
So, how does this factor into the case? The grandparents and Joseph Daniels’ attorney have told me that Joe Clyde may have wandered out of the house the night he disappeared, and he possibly was abducted.
It’s likely the jury will see this video at trial for the defense.
This is some of the first video and photos I’ve seen showing the 5-year-old with his parents. Joseph Daniels is charged with homicide in the death of his son. His mother, Krystal, is charged with neglect.
However, the boy’s body has never been found.
Previous stories: Joe Clyde Daniels case
- Attorneys use taped interrogation in hearing to argue Joseph Daniels' confession was coerced
- Joseph Daniels' recanted confession played in court
- TBI serves search warrant in Joe Clyde Daniels case, searches brush around home
- Video evidence shows someone at Joe Clyde Daniels' home the night 5-year-old disappeared
- Krystal Daniels recants statement about what happened to son, Joe Clyde
- Jailhouse phone calls could be key to prosecution of Joe Clyde Daniels homicide case
- Joe Clyde Daniels’ mother considering splitting case from husband
- Letter from Joe Clyde's Father: "If we can get Krystal to confess...we can win this case."