TENNESSEE CITY, Tenn. (WTVF) — After a couple of days off, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation special agents are back out in Dickson County searching for the remains of 5-year-old Joe Clyde Daniels.
At this point, it’s unclear what they’ve found. They appear to have collected items for testing, but what, we don't know.
The search of the property around the grandparent's home in Dickson County began last Thursday and agents returned again Tuesday morning.
Remember, this is where Joe Clyde disappeared more than two years ago.
Now agents were off the past couple of days, but a patrol officer was posted to secure the area. Agents have been removing brush and digging holes on the property, located off Garner Creek Road.
Joe Clyde's father, Joseph, is charged with homicide after he confessed to killing the boy – though he's recanted that confession. The boy’s mother, Krystal, is charged with aggravated child neglect. Both are locked up awaiting trial.
A big key for the prosecution would be to locate Joe Clyde's remains. I'm told agents may well plan to dig up the entire property there and could be on site through the week.
Previous stories: Joe Clyde Daniels case
- Lawyers argue over admissibility of evidence in Joe Clyde case
- Prosecutors, defense agree to sever Daniels' cases into two trials
- Attorneys use taped interrogation in hearing to argue Joseph Daniels' confession was coerced
- Joseph Daniels' recanted confession played in court
- TBI serves search warrant in Joe Clyde Daniels case, searches brush around home
- Video evidence shows someone at Joe Clyde Daniels' home the night 5-year-old disappeared
- Krystal Daniels recants statement about what happened to son, Joe Clyde
- Jailhouse phone calls could be key to prosecution of Joe Clyde Daniels homicide case
- Letter from Joe Clyde's Father: "If we can get Krystal to confess...we can win this case."